Thursday, November 12, 2009

Saturday

Got up this morning after a glorious night sleeping – I actually had to use a blanket. Unfortunately the sun is super bright here in the morning so I didn’t really get to sleep in much (I know, I know, I never do anyway…). We all went into town and had breakfast at Grace’s. They have these fried dough things called Fry Jacks that are amazing! They’re kinda like elephant ears and you dip them in either jelly or beans. We didn’t try the bean combo, but I can see how it would be good. After breakfast we drove to Lubaantun: Place of Fallen Rocks which is a nearby site of Mayan Ruins. I rode in the back of the pickup with Hailey, Meredith, and Liz. Actually we were all in the back of the truck for every trip today. At the ruins we had a guide show us around and tell us all about the site. It was really quite amazing to hear all about the history and the excavation because our guide actually worked on the digs. After the ruins we drove to Blue Creek which is the place where the bridge flooded this week. We took a small hike to a dock and hung out there to have lunch. A bunch of us jumped off the dock into the water which was amazingly refreshing. It was nice and cool and clean. The current was ridiculously strong though. We tried to swim up to the waterfalls but couldn’t make it. It got to the point where we were swimming and not getting anywhere. This evening we had delicious taco salad for dinner – care of Adam yet again. We’re getting ready to head over to the bar in a few and relax for the night. Internet is shotty yet again so I’m sure this post will be late.

P.s. I really, really, really like reading email so you should send me one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment