Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dew Point

I'm sitting out on the front porch this morning in my scrubs, eating my oatmeal and drinking my coffee (yay starbucks!) and waiting for my laundry to be ready to put out on the line. The sight this morning is one I haven't seen before down here in Belize: there's dew all over the cars. We've had some mornings where the grass has been a little wet, but that's mostly attributable to the rain. This morning there is definitely dew everywhere. It's so weird. I cannot believe how incredibly lucky we have been with the weather. It hasn't been unbareably hot, in fact most nights are pretty cool. I slept with a blanket on all night last night. I know it's no comparison to how the weather is fairing in Wisconsin, but personally I think the weather so far has been absolutely perfect.

Yesterday after clinic (really, really slow day in Laguna), Hailey, Liz, Christy and I rode into PG to head to the Western Union (THANKS MOM AND DAD!) and to check out the "Chocolate Center of the Universe" We got a free tour covering how they make the chocolate and some free samples. They make these chocolates that are shaped like barrels and bottles and they contain rum and coconut rum respectively. They are delicious. I'm trying to figure out a way to get them back to the US without them melting and making a huge mess - any suggestions?

Today is clinic in the morning and then lecture. This afternoon I get to help old people exercise - hahaha. It should be fun though.

Back to breakfast and laundry: Tchao!

No comments:

Post a Comment