Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Place to Sit

This past weekend was one of the best I've had since I got here. And that's because Tim was here. After some annoying and frustrating plane issues, I picked him up at the airport around 2pm and we headed to Beaverton so I could take my MPJE for Oregon. After that it was time for errands and the like since we had a car and I had a strong man to carry things. Dinner was at Ken's Artisan Pizza on SE 28th. We got the one with pancetta and it was delicious. Only problem - we were so hungry that it didn't last long. So a quick walk later and 15 minutes in line lead to a Voodoo Dozen! After catching the MAX back home we collapsed on the bed and fell asleep almost instantly.
Saturday morning was furniture shopping. We'd checked some of it out the night before at Ashley Home Furniture and made some initial decisions. So now we've got a couch, chair, ottoman, and set of 3 tables on the way in 2-6 weeks. We got the chair and ottoman in sage green (they're mine) and the sofa in a deep brown (more Tim's). So comfy! I can't wait for them to get here. The rest of Saturday we explored the markets and the waterfront. Hit up the Brewfest for a bit. And had dinner at a sushi-go-around where we randomly ran into Sara! What are the chances???
Sunday was all about getting the apartment in shape, running to Target and Winco for organizers and groceries. I made turkey burgers and sweet potato fries for dinner and we watched most of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (but don't spoil the ending because we didn't finish it!).
Then came the worst part of the weekend - getting on the train and taking Tim to the airport. Extremely hard moment(s). Thankfully I've only got a few more weeks to wait until he's here.
Monday was tough and just writing this is even difficult, but I'm making it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment