Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Delicious

So although I have failed yet again to get any pictures (I am so bad at that), we did have an excellent meal last night. Nice quiet table in the corner, good wine, great company (;-D), perfect food. I highly recommend Quivey's Grove to anyone who hasn't been there. The wait staff is always super pleasant and the food speaks for itself. I had a wild mushroom soup to start, followed by a Trio of Medallions (beef, lamb wellington, and pretzel-crusted pork) and finished with Steamed Chocolate Pudding covered in Anglaise and walnuts. Absolute heaven on a plate there. Tim had the braised short rib, Duck, Duck, Goose (with disgusting kraut - sorry babe), and finished with the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding (no where near as good as Miss Janice's...).

We went all out last night and dressed to the 9's. Tim wore a tie and waxed his already kickin' mustache (he's so ready for Puerto Rico). I put on a classy LBD and did my hair and makeup for what must have been the first time in weeks. It felt weird to be going out like that on a Tuesday, but it was nicely out of the ordinary.

This rotation is turning me into the lamest person on the planet one dreadful day after another. We came back to my apt last night with the intentions of watching a movie or something. I wasn't sure I'd make it all the way through (just got Coraline in the mail), so we stuck with HIMYM instead. I fell asleep maybe 20 min into the first episode. I'm not sure I can keep this up for the next 5 weeks. It's already taking a toll on my sleep, my attitude, etc. Hopefully this weekend is a nice reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment