Thursday, July 23, 2009

C

I'm working on being better. On worrying less and enjoying life more. On being more open and tolerant of others. There are some things in life I cannot control and I need to learn to accept that - it's the little things that drive me nuts though. The things that most people would ignore, or overlook, that I can't seem to get out of my head.
Why did that happen? Why is that there? What is he thinking? Why isn't he thinking?
Well really, they're little big things. The action itself isn't so important, but it's the consequences that matter. People talk about how head-strong I am. How I'm a leader and a bully and a bitch. Usually I agree. Typically I'm not afraid to say what I need to say to get what needs to be done, done. But not in these instances. No, now I cower. I'm afraid. I'm worried to hurt feelings when it's my feelings that are being hurt. That thick-skin that everyone keeps talking about is a myth. A figment of their imagination.

I'm not sure this is going to work out as planned. I'm afraid it's going to be much, much worse. I'm worrying.






No comments:

Post a Comment