Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tornado Alley

Last night Tim and I went to the imax theater at OMSI to see a movie about tornadoes. It was fun to watch and reminded me of the storms back home. I really miss falling asleep to the sounds of distant thunder.

The movie also made us realize how lucky our neck of the woods is in terms of weather (wisconsin that is). Sure we get some storms and a few tornadoes. And the blizzards can be treacherous, but we've usually got decent warning. It's not the same elsewhere. I remember a few months ago there was an earthquake drill at work. I couldn't fathom the idea of an earthquake. It's something I've never had a reason to think about before. And a few weeks ago when we drove out to the coast we encountered a number of "tsunami evacuation zone" signs. Living in Wisconsin has made me a little closed minded about dangerous weather. The year I've spent on the west coast sure has changed my perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment