Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Crafts

I have to give credit for this craft to my friend Debbie. She provided the inspiration (and a link to the instructions) all I did was execute it (that seems like an odd word here). Anyhoo - the moment I saw these Easter eggs I knew I had to try and make them. They look so cute!  So I took a quick trip to Michael's and gathered my supplies:

  • Styrofoam egg(s) - size and number are your preference
  • Fun paper - I used scrapbook paper. I'd suggest sticking to a lighter weight paper regardless of the type you choose.
  • 5/8" hole punch (I borrowed this from Debbie, the size is approximate)
  • Straight pins (I used short ones but I think you could get longer ones to work too, and they might be easier to hold on to then)
  • A bit of glue for the last dot
I'm not going to retype out the instructions, so head over here for a detailed account.

I could only make 1 egg a night because my thumb could not take the pain any longer than that. Next time I'm getting a thimble. I'd estimate each egg took me about an hour or so, depending on how much TV watching I did. 

For my finished project I bought a cheap ($1) basket from Target and some Easter grass ($0.25/bag). I also got a 1/8" dowel and some more paper and alphabet stickers from Michael's to make the little sign. 

 All in all I think it came out looking pretty good and was extremely inexpensive (rough estimate = $10). What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment