Thursday, October 29, 2009

Finally

Well I did it. I got everything packed (Qualifier: my backpack is not packed but it is meant to be the last thing to be packed). I'm actually fairly proud of myself. I've only got 3 bags total: 1 checked bag at 54 linear inches and 40lbs, 1 carry-on at 34 linear inches and 25lbs, and 1 personal item (i.e. backpack). I don't think I have ever packed this light before. And as far as I can tell I haven't forgotten anything. Although I guess I'll know that for certain once I get down there.

I can hardly believe that by this time on Saturday I will be in Central America. Hailey and I are leaving WI tomorrow, then saying "goodbye" to the US on Saturday. We've got a 0845 flight on American from MSP to DFW, then a 1305 flight on American from DFW to BZE!!! I feel like I've been waiting forever for this trip to get here. These tickets were purchased back in August, and that was after months of following ticket prices on Kayak.

This may be my last post while in the US for awhile. I'll make sure to update as often as possible - hopefully there will be a first night/morning post when we arrive.

Wish us safe travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment