Monday, June 21, 2010

Let's Cross Over

I'm moving to Portland on Friday.

The moving van will be here tomorrow to load up my things. Then Wednesday evening I will head to Madison to take my NAPLEX on Thursday. Friday night, with 2 cats, 2 carry-ons, one checked bag and Tim in tow, I'll be headed to the airport and the great state of Oregon.

I can't believe this is actually happening. I started this blog when I went to Belize as a way to keep in touch with my friends and family. I think I'm about to revive it for exactly the same purpose.

When I started looking at residencies I looked into places on the west coast because I felt like I needed a new set of scenery. Then as deadlines approached I looked into some residencies in the Midwest because I started to get scared about moving. Deadlines came and went and I only applied to 2 places: Seattle and Portland. Lo and behold, Portland it ended up being. It's a little surreal to see the living room full of boxes, my dressers empty and my world all packed away. I'm moving to Portland on Friday. For a whole year.

I hope many of you will write to me and keep in touch via facebook, email, this blog, phone calls, etc. Additionally we've got a spare bedroom so just let me know when you'd like to come for a visit!

I'll miss Wisconsin and everyone in it (hyperbole). I know I'll be back someday, I just don't know when. For now, wish my luck! I'm off to the pacific northwest in 4 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment